Stott apparatus for the induction of artificial pneumothorax
Illustrated on page 244 of the 1963 edition of the G.U. Manuf. Co. catalog. According to Alan Humphries of the Thackray Museum it was manufactured from about 1955 to 1970. However, even the starting date seems late, and it is unlikely that anyone was still inducing artifical pneumothoraces by 1970.
Further information kindly provided by Dr. David Zuck, History of Anaesthesia Society


Museum Home | Sheffield Department of Anaesthesia